Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RogerC RogerC is offline

Default Form with table - Extend length of table as needed by user's input

I have a form with two sections. The first section contains Text Form
Fields. The second section contains a table with 4 columns and needs to have
a variable number of rows. The amount of information (rows needed) varies
greatly from one use of the form to another. One user may need 2 rows to
complete the form another may need 50 rows. The second section of the form
cannot be a single continous row because the user moves to a new row when the
subject matter they are entering involves a new topic.

I need the table to extend to a second page of rows if the user needs more
rows than are on the first page. I don't want to create a table with
multiple pages of blank rows already in it because the extra pages of blank
rows will print even when a user hasn't used all of the rows on the first
page.

Can anyone think of a good way to accomplish what I want to do?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm assuming that this is a protected form (since you mentioned text form
fields). Just leave the second section unprotected, and users can press Tab
in the last cell of the table to add another row.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"RogerC" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RogerC RogerC is offline

Default Form with table - Extend length of table as needed by user's i

Thanks Stefan! The users of this form have very little computer experience
so I was hoping for something a bit more transparent to the user; Like
having the form automatically create a new row when it reaches the end of a
page. But I will use your suggestion and put an instruction somewhere on the
form regarding tabing to create a row.

"RogerC" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome--and thank you for the feedback.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news

Extend a table over pages clara Tables 1 April 11th 07 02:47 PM
unable to extend a table or page pass a certain length tritechits Page Layout 3 February 20th 07 04:36 PM
how to input mathematical form in word table(excel) jack Tables 4 September 19th 06 08:42 PM
automated input of form info into a table edgy Tables 2 August 18th 06 09:23 PM
automated input of form info into a table edgy Mailmerge 2 August 18th 06 09:23 PM