Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
binar binar is offline

Default Are Double Repeating Header Rows Possible?

Fellow Forum Members,
I have tables that needs to be split with a page break in order to add a
"Continued" at the top of the tables only to the tables that span several
pages. This uses up one header row, but I also need a second header row for
the table itself to show the table column titles. How do I add a second
header row that sticks? Going to Table and using the Header Row Repeat
command creates a second header row, but when I close the document and then
reopen it, the second header row dissappears. The Header Row Repeat command
doesn't permanently stick. I'm using table styles, and I've tried modifying
the table style and no luck. How do I get two repeating header rows following
a Page Break split? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Instead of using a manual page break, format the appropriate table row as
"Page break before" (in the Paragraph dialog box, Line and Page Breaks tab);
that way, you will get a page break but the table will not be split,
preserving the header rows.

To display the Paragraph dialog box: In Word 2007, click Paragraph on the
Format menu. In Word 2007, click the dialog launcher button in the Paragraph
group on the Home ribbon tab.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP