Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kittywhiskers kittywhiskers is offline

Default Placing page numbers in another language

I'm typing a Farsi document. In order to use Farsi page numbers I have to
insert the page numbers manually, one at a time in the "footer." I could use
up to 3 numbers, but it won't let me beyond 3. The default changes my page
number 2 to number 4 when I insert the latter number. Please advise.

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, this will explain why you can only get up to three--there are only
three potential footers in a document.
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm

Manually changing the footer for each page is not a good approach to
using Word, anyhow. Almost guaranteed to *be* a lot of trouble and cause
a lot of trouble later--unless your document has three or fewer pages.

I have no clue about Farsi, but I would assume that if you format the
font for the page numbers in a Farsi script, then it will show "1" as 1
in Farsi script? Try View | Header/Footer, select a page number, change
the font, and see what happens. If it works, delete your manually edited
page numbers to see if Word will let it continue.

This page looks vaguely relevant and might help?
http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/...tsSupport.aspx

If that doesn't do it--or before trying those things--try posting in the
Word international features newsgroup--I'm wildly guessing and it
doesn't look like anyone here knows.
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...eatures/topics
if you can't find it in the MS web interface you are using.