Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Ed is offline

Default tracking page numbers tied to footnotes (after further editing)

Sorry if this is confusing. We have entered footnotes into a report. We havae
referred to text in other parts of the document - and inserted the relevant
page number. However as further editing occurs, then the main text body
moves. Is there a way to get Word to automatically change the page number in
the footnote as and when the linked body text changes page.

Thoughts appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you insert a cross reference to the footnote number (formatted) then the
cross reference will always remain tied to the same footnote wherever it is.

If in the footnote text you insert a cross reference to a bookmark page
number on the page in question then updating the fields will ensure that the
footnote displays the correct page number. It will not update automatically
so I suggest a macro such as the example code at
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm to update the fields.