Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Louisa Louisa is offline

Default Table of Contents

Hi,

What I'd like to do is create line items in the Table of Contents which link
to the headers of the sections in my document.
However, I've seen this done, but unsure how to perform this next task; that
is everytime I would update or change the section headers (i.e. insert new
words, format etc) the links in the Table of Contents would be updated as
well. Also, clicking on the headers in the TOC would allow me to jump to each
section header (I know I can do this with hyperlink).

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

A TOC field does this by default; see
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html