Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How to print headers in colour? Mine are always gray

It is not unreasonable for it to appear gray when the insertion point is in
the document body. Sometimes it will be dimmed even in Print Preview. But
you said it also prints gray, and that is not expected.

http://word.mvps.org

"peterj" wrote in message
When I go into Header-edit, I have coloured it .... tried lots of colours
When I leave that view and go to Print Layout view though, it goes gray

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Does your color header appear in color in Print Layout view or Print
Preview? If not, how do you know it's in color?

http://word.mvps.org

"peterj" wrote in message
No just the header, other colours in the document print in colour.
The header looks gray in print format as expected, but I cannot get it
ot
print in clour.
Interesting to note, when I put my email address in the header, it is
automatically detected as an email address, turned to blue, and prints
in
blue!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is it just headers, or do you have colors elsewhere in the document
that
print gray? If the latter, check Tools | Options | Compatibility to
make
sure you don't have "Print colors as black on noncolor printers."

http://word.mvps.org

"peterj" wrote in message
I have a stndard letter, but the coloured headers always print gray.