BorisS

Default toggling between panes

If I do split screen panes for a doc, is there a shortcut to toggle between
the two panes?
--
Boris

BorisS

Or, it seems, just f6 will itself take you back and forth. Thx.
--
Boris

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Yes. F6 and Shift+F6.

"BorisS" wrote in message
If I do split screen panes for a doc, is there a shortcut to toggle

between
the two panes?
--
Boris

If you've got only two panes, then backward or forward is the same thing.

"BorisS" wrote in message
Or, it seems, just f6 will itself take you back and forth. Thx.
--
Boris

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Yes. F6 and Shift+F6.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"BorisS" wrote in message
If I do split screen panes for a doc, is there a shortcut to toggle

between
the two panes?
--
Boris

BorisS

how does one get more than one pane?
--
Boris

"BorisS" wrote in message
Or, it seems, just f6 will itself take you back and forth. Thx.
--
Boris

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Yes. F6 and Shift+F6.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"BorisS" wrote in message
If I do split screen panes for a doc, is there a shortcut to toggle
between
the two panes?
--
Boris

Window | Split or drag the narrow button at the top of the vertical scroll
bar downward.

"BorisS" wrote in message
Or, it seems, just f6 will itself take you back and forth. Thx.
--
Boris

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Yes. F6 and Shift+F6.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"BorisS" wrote in message
If I do split screen panes for a doc, is there a shortcut to

toggle
between
the two panes?
--
Boris

BorisS

That was what I already had. But from your message ("only" two panes), I
thought you were implying that there was a way to get more than two panes.
Or are you calling two documents two panes? In other words, my follow up was
to see if there was a way to split the same document into more than 2 panes.
--
Boris

"BorisS" wrote in message
Or, it seems, just f6 will itself take you back and forth. Thx.
--
Boris

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Yes. F6 and Shift+F6.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"BorisS" wrote in message
If I do split screen panes for a doc, is there a shortcut to

toggle
between
the two panes?
--
Boris

What you asked was "more than one" rather than "more than two." I have
always wondered about the F6 and Shift+F6 commands. They're defined as "Go
to next pane or frame" and "Go to the previous pane or frame," so perhaps
"frame" is the operative word here (though what type of frame is meant, I
have no idea). Ctrl+F6 and Ctrl+Shift+F6 are the comparable compands for
Next Window/Previous Window, and obviously you can have more than two
windows open.

"BorisS" wrote in message
Or, it seems, just f6 will itself take you back and forth. Thx.
--
Boris

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Yes. F6 and Shift+F6.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"BorisS" wrote in message
If I do split screen panes for a doc, is there a shortcut to

toggle
between
the two panes?
--
Boris

Tony Jollans

I think the 'frame' referred to is a frame in a web page.

(normal) panes and web page frames are unrelated but mutually exclusive so
the same keys are being used for two different purposes in two different
situations.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
What you asked was "more than one" rather than "more than two." I have
always wondered about the F6 and Shift+F6 commands. They're defined as "Go
to next pane or frame" and "Go to the previous pane or frame," so perhaps
"frame" is the operative word here (though what type of frame is meant, I
have no idea). Ctrl+F6 and Ctrl+Shift+F6 are the comparable compands for
Next Window/Previous Window, and obviously you can have more than two
windows open.

so
all may benefit.

"BorisS" wrote in message
Or, it seems, just f6 will itself take you back and forth. Thx.
--
Boris

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Yes. F6 and Shift+F6.

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to

the
newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"BorisS" wrote in message
If I do split screen panes for a doc, is there a shortcut to
toggle
between
the two panes?
--
Boris

The reason I was dubious about Web page frames is that the table I have of
the function key assignments came from a very old KB that I would have
thought predated Word's HTML capabilities.

"Tony Jollans" No Mail wrote in message
[...]

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.