Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
jennifer jennifer is offline

Default Fields to display at allowable character length?

Using Word 2007, I have created a protected form using by using a template,
tables and fields. My question is, can the fields entered display at the
allowable character length? This would enable the entire cell to be filled
with the field, enabling the user to click anywhere within the cell to enter
data. Right now, if you click anywhere other than in the first 5 character
spaces or so, it misses the field and is forced to the next editable cell due
to the form protection. Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

This probably would not be suitable, but if you enter as the default text
for the formfield a two non-breaking spaces (Ctrl+Shift+Spacebar) separated
by an ordinary space, then you format the paragraph alignment as Justified,
then insert a newline in the cell after the formfield by using Shift+Enter,
and then you set the height of the row so that the new line is hidden, the
formfield will stretch across the width of the cell.

The drawback of course is that you will need to use non-breaking spaces
between any words that are entered into the formfield as otherwise the
spaces between any words entered will expand so that the entry fills the
entire cell.

Me thinks it would be better to use the Tab key to move between formfields,
as then the issue of missing a field does not occur.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jennifer" wrote in message
Using Word 2007, I have created a protected form using by using a
template,
tables and fields. My question is, can the fields entered display at the
allowable character length? This would enable the entire cell to be
filled
with the field, enabling the user to click anywhere within the cell to
enter
data. Right now, if you click anywhere other than in the first 5
character
spaces or so, it misses the field and is forced to the next editable cell
due
to the form protection. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
jennifer jennifer is offline

Thanks Doug. I will just inform all users to use the tab key to jump from
field to field to eliminate the possibility of missing them by selecting the
cell with the mouse.