Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
noviceword07 noviceword07 is offline

Default calculating form fields in word 2007

i've created a form in word 2007. I've bookmarked the form fields that i
want added in the calculation and I would like to enter a calculating field
to add the bookmarked fields and average them; inserting the answer where my
calculation field is located. Can anyone help with this or is there a better
way? "sum(above)" doesn't work here since the tables are not connected. I
am new at this.

thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

First of all, you don't have to bookmark form fields; they have built-in
bookmarks, which you can edit, if you like, in the Form Field Options
dialog. You then insert an additional form field and choose Calculation as
the type. Your formula can use the bookmarks attached to those fields. Be
sure you check "Calculate on exit" in the Form Field Options for each field
that contributes to the calculation.

http://word.mvps.org

"noviceword07" wrote in message
news
i've created a form in word 2007. I've bookmarked the form fields that i
want added in the calculation and I would like to enter a calculating
field
to add the bookmarked fields and average them; inserting the answer where
my
calculation field is located. Can anyone help with this or is there a
better
way? "sum(above)" doesn't work here since the tables are not connected.
am new at this.

thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
noviceword07 noviceword07 is offline

Thanks for your assistance with this. I saw this fix from your other posts
and I've checked "calculate on exit for each field i'd like to include. I've
entered this calculation in the calculation field:
=(c1+c2+c3+c4+c5+c6+c7+c8+c9+c10+c11+c12+ivc1+ivc2 +ivc3+vc1+vc2+vc3)/18

i'd like each of these fields to be added together and then divided by 18 to
get an average but the calculation field returns the following result:
"c1 is not in table"

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
noviceword07 noviceword07 is offline

I'm referring to form fields. I just renamed the bookmarks and c1 is the
first form field in the group that I set up for calculation. if i remove it
from the calculation (just to see if i can figure out what i'm doing wrong)
the message tells me that c4 is not in table. So I thought my calculation
was wrong. I thought it was simple enough. :-S

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

First of all, you don't have to bookmark form fields; they have built-in
bookmarks, which you can edit, if you like, in the Form Field Options
dialog. You then insert an additional form field and choose Calculation
as
the type. Your formula can use the bookmarks attached to those fields. Be
sure you check "Calculate on exit" in the Form Field Options for each
field
that contributes to the calculation.

http://word.mvps.org

"noviceword07" wrote in message
news i've created a form in word 2007. I've bookmarked the form fields that
want added in the calculation and I would like to enter a calculating
field
to add the bookmarked fields and average them; inserting the answer
where
my
calculation field is located. Can anyone help with this or is there a
better
way? "sum(above)" doesn't work here since the tables are not
connected.
am new at this.

thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Try putting a space either side of each of the operators and between the =
and the (

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

That was my first thought, actually, and I had already typed it out in
detail when it occurred to me that the "cell references" might be the
problem instead, so I deleted it.

http://word.mvps.org

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi noviceword07,

To see how to do this and a wide range of other calculations in Word, check out my Word Field Maths 'tutorial', at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=365442
or
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party
In particular, look at the items titled 'Calculations In Word Forms' and 'Reference Table Cells From Outside The Table'.

--
Cheers
macropod