Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
CoastalDaze CoastalDaze is offline

Default Can Autofit Work in Footer with Same as Previous

I have a document that has a single row, three column, table in the footer.
The table row contains the document title, Revision number, and Page count.
I am using Word 2007.

I would like to be able to change the Revision number on the first page and
have that flow throughout the footer of the entire document. I would also
like for the table row to expand and contract to the margins if the page
layout goes from Portrait to Landscape and back again.

I was thinking that if the table /columns were set to a percentage and all
footer sections were set to Same As Previous, that I would get what I want
but it is not working.

With Same as Previous set throughout, when a section goes landscape the
footer stays at portrait width. If I click on a landscape page and select
Auto fit to window the table expands out to the margin but then the portrait
pages are affected.

I can get what I want by breaking the Same as Previous link and referencing
to a bookmark on the first page but seems like I have read that this should
work.

--
People may forget what you say,
they rarely forget how you made them feel.

Thanks,
Dazed
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Try setting the table width to 100% and see if that works any better. Be
aware, though, that it may cause the entire document to "shimmer" as Word
keeps recalculating.

http://word.mvps.org

"CoastalDaze" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
CoastalDaze CoastalDaze is offline

Thank you for your reply. Been in training and otherwise wrapped around the
axle for awhile.

I have the table width set to 100% and three cell sizes set to 34, 32, & 34%
to add up to 100%.

There seems to be some interaction between the "Autofit to Window" selection
in the Table Tools, Layout, Cell Size group with the Table Options
"Automatically resize to fit contents" check box available from the Table
Properties dialog. At least I have noticed that the Autofit to Window
setting doesn't work until the "Automatically resize to fit contents" is
toggled back off.

From reading "Advanced Microsoft Office Documents 2007 Edition Inside Out"
it looks like this should work. I also recollect having done this before and
seeing the footer jump back and forth as you described but I can't seem to
find the right setting combination to get it working again.

By the way, thank you for all your support for these groups! I have learned
a lot from you over the years.