Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug G[_2_] Doug G[_2_] is offline

Default 2007 gridlines not showing up

I've toggled on the gridlines but in 2003, they would be spaced in alignment
with the rows of text. Now, toggling them on in an exiting document does
nothing. In the "align" tab, I can only set the horizontal spacing to even
numbers which don't align with the text. Is there a setting i'm not seeing.
I'm new to 2007.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you referring to the document grid? If so, do the following: On the Page
Layout tab of the ribbon, click Align, and then click Grid Settings. Make
sure that the "Horizontal spacing" and "Vertical spacing" are set to what
you want. Select "Display gridlines on screen" and then click the Default
button to save your changes. If/when you are prompted to save the Normal
template, choose to do so.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Doug G" wrote in message
I've toggled on the gridlines but in 2003, they would be spaced in
alignment
with the rows of text. Now, toggling them on in an exiting document does
nothing. In the "align" tab, I can only set the horizontal spacing to even
numbers which don't align with the text. Is there a setting i'm not
seeing.
I'm new to 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Or perhaps Doug is looking for table gridlines? If so, they are on the
contextual Table Tools | Layout tab.

http://word.mvps.org

"Doug G" wrote in message
I've toggled on the gridlines but in 2003, they would be spaced in
alignment
with the rows of text. Now, toggling them on in an exiting document does
nothing. In the "align" tab, I can only set the horizontal spacing to
even
numbers which don't align with the text. Is there a setting i'm not
seeing.
I'm new to 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That was going to be my next suggestion. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP