LotusN LotusN is offline
Junior Member

Default Formatting problem of Mailmerge data in Word

Hi all,

after searching both at this and and other forums to no avail I decided to post a question. I have a Mailmerge set up from Excel (directory) and it populates invoices and it produces one invoice per family. It has a different number of family members for each invoice but everything works, every family start with a new invoice. The problem I have is that depending on the length of the names the individual table records are not aligned in columns. It might look like this,

Lars Svensson M-nr: 1000 Avgift: 300:-
Anna-Magdalena Svensson M-nr: 1001 Avgift: 300:-

I want the names as they are but the M-nr: and Avgift: should start at the same position.

I have tried several things like adding blanks after the names in the Excel sheet so that every name has the same length, setting a specific length on the Excel cell, using a fixed width font as Courier etc. Nothing works. Is it a way to dynamically add one or two tabs depending on the length of the names?

I am using Word and Excel 2010.

Cheers
Lars

Last edited by LotusN : November 16th 15 at 03:39 PM