Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jack Sheet

Default Overcoming irritating feature - file open dialog box disappears

I click on File Open and a dialog box appears.
I filter the displayed file names using a selection of wild cards.
I open one of the displayed files, which has two effects:
1) The selected file is opened, and
2) The File Open dialog box disappears.
I find the second of these effects to be undesirable, because frequently I
have at a later point to open another file from a list that I have filtered
using the same criteria as before.
It is a small thing, I know, but it is it possible to configure Word so that
the "file open" dialog box closes only when expressly prompted by the user
to close it?

--
Return email address is not as DEEP as it appears

Tilde and Dollar Sign in Open Dialog Box Bernard Littman New Users 4 April 23rd 23 02:55 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
Word File Open and Save Dialog Boxes Places Bar Customization NDeL Microsoft Word Help 2 March 12th 05 04:27 AM
File Conversion Encoding Dialog box when you open word file Econ Microsoft Word Help 3 January 31st 05 04:54 PM
Text Recovery and Open & Repair in WD 2003? UserRAW1975 Microsoft Word Help 1 December 22nd 04 03:00 AM