Paulo Merieles

Default date format change when using serial printing

Hi,

When I use serial printing, one of the field is a date. This date is in the
following format, dd-mm-yyyy in the database (access 2000) but when I open
the word doc whit the serial printing, the fild with the date is in
mm-dd-yyyy format. Where/How can I solve this problem.

Thanks,

Paulo Meireles

Beth Melton

You can either use a Picture switch on the merge field, such as /@
"dd-MM-yyyy" (note the capitalization) or use an alternate method to
connect to the data source.

In Word go to Tools/Options/General and turn on "Confirm conversion at
open". Then select your database as the data source again. When
prompted select the DDE method.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Paulo Merieles" wrote in
message ...
Hi,

When I use serial printing, one of the field is a date. This date is
in the
following format, dd-mm-yyyy in the database (access 2000) but when
I open
the word doc whit the serial printing, the fild with the date is in
mm-dd-yyyy format. Where/How can I solve this problem.

Thanks,

Paulo Meireles

Beth Melton

lolol Thanks for the correction. :-)