Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Francis4344 Francis4344 is offline

Default Internal cell margins defaut values?

Is it possible to change the deault values of the margins?

IMHO, these are too small and the text always looks crammed.

Every time I create a table, I have to change those. It's time consuming and
it sure does make me dislike Word even more...

Any Ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

You can change the "Table Grid" table style.

Say by right-clicking on it in the styles pane, Modify... Format...
Table properties ("Table" tab) Options.

Regards,
Klaus

"Francis4344" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Is it possible to change the deault values of the margins?

IMHO, these are too small and the text always looks crammed.

Every time I create a table, I have to change those. It's time consuming
and
it sure does make me dislike Word even more...

Any Ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

Oh, and don't forget to save the modified "Table Grid" style to your
Normal.dot ("Add to template" checkbox in the "Style Modify" dialog).

Klaus

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
challa prabhu challa prabhu is offline

Hi;

Do the following:
1. Open a new Word document.
2. On the Format menu, click Style and Formatting.
The Styles and Formatting panel opens on the right of the document window.
You will notice that there is not Table style sheet available.
3. Do one of the following:
On the Table menu, point to Insert, and then click Table. The Insert Table
dialog appears click ok
-or-
Click the Isert Table icon onthe Table and Border toolbar. Click OK in the
Insert Table dialog box.
Note: the Table Grid style sheet is displayed under the Pick formatting to
apply, in the Styles and Formatting panel
4. Click the Table Grid Arrow next to the style sheet name.
5. Click Modify Style. The Modify Style dialog box displays.
6. Click the Format list and select Table properties.
7. In the Table Properties dialiog box, click the Table tab. Then click the
Options button. The Table Options dialog box displays. Specify the Default
Margins and the Default cell spacing. Then click OK to return to the Table
options dialog box.
8. In the Table Properties dialiog box, click the Row tab and clear the All
row to break across pages.
9. Click OK in the Table options dialog box.
10. Click OK in theModify Style dialog box.
11. Click the Table Grid Arrow nect to the style sheet name.
12. click Set as default table style.
The Default Table Style dialog box displays.
13. Click All documents based on the Normal.dot template? option under the
Do you want to set this style as the default table style for:
14. Click OK.

Challa Prabhu

internal cell margins Caryl Tables 3 February 2nd 07 06:37 PM
How do you maintain consistency with internal margins in text boxe DanicaZiv Microsoft Word Help 1 January 3rd 07 09:57 PM
internal cell margins - error RGRF Tables 2 August 30th 06 11:55 PM
cell margins tealady Tables 2 August 17th 06 04:36 PM
Put cell values in a Word document Jeannine New Users 1 August 2nd 06 06:49 PM