Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Millie[_2_] Millie[_2_] is offline

Default quick access toolbar

I've created templates called 'My Templates' in Word 2007. How do I put a
shortcut to them on the quick access toolbar. I can't seem to find them.
--
Millie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas Aeneas is offline

To add a command button to the Quick Access Toolbar that will take you to a
dialog box from which you can select the template, do the following:

Click the Microsoft Office Button
Click Word Options to display the Word Options dialog box
Click Customize
In the Choose commands from drop-down list box, select Commands Not in the
Ribbon
In the list of commands, scroll down to New Document or Template...
Select it
Click Add
Click OK

When you click the New Document or Template command button, it will open the
New dialog box from which you can easily locate the template in the
appropriate tab and select it.

"Millie" wrote:

I've created templates called 'My Templates' in Word 2007. How do I put a
shortcut to them on the quick access toolbar. I can't seem to find them.
--
Millie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Or... if you record a macro in which you create a new document based on that
template, you can then put that macro onto the QAT so that clicking the tool
would create a new document based on the template, saving you the steps.

Depending on the name/location of the template, the resulting macro might
look something like this :

Sub NewLetter()
'
' NewLetter Macro
'
'
Documents.Add Template:= _
"C:\Users\Herb\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates \HerbLetter.dotx"
_
, NewTemplate:=False, DocumentType:=0
End Sub

Note: I did not need to modify the recorded macro for it to work perfectly.
You should expect similar ease.

Then use Customize QAT - Macros, etc. to put the macro onto the QAT.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible