alocin

Default US letter using a Word template?

How do I auto-format page setup to US Letter using a Word template?
I want to be able to attach a template to my documents that will change the
page setup from A4 to Letter without me having to go and do this via the page
setup dialog for each document.
Anne Troy

Record a macro.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/r...osoft_word.htm
Attaching a template won't change the page setup, tho. You need to record
the steps to changing the page setup.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"alocin" wrote in message
How do I auto-format page setup to US Letter using a Word template?
I want to be able to attach a template to my documents that will change
the
page setup from A4 to Letter without me having to go and do this via the
page
setup dialog for each document.

Herb Tyson [MVP]

You'd probably want an AutoOpen macro. An AutoOpen macro runs when a
document is opened. The macro would first test to see if the page setup has
already been done, and if not, then make the change. There are a variety of
ways to do this. You might post in one of the VBA groups for additional help
if you hit any stumbling blocks.

Cheers,

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com

"alocin" wrote in message
How do I auto-format page setup to US Letter using a Word template?
I want to be able to attach a template to my documents that will change
the
page setup from A4 to Letter without me having to go and do this via
the
page
setup dialog for each document.

Anne Troy

I don't think that attaching a template is an event in Word. I'd be inclined
to think this is a question to be asked in the
microsoft.public.word.vba.general newsgroup while you're at it.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"alocin" wrote in message
How do I auto-format page setup to US Letter using a Word template?
I want to be able to attach a template to my documents that will change
the
page setup from A4 to Letter without me having to go and do this via
the
page
setup dialog for each document.

Graham Mayor

If all you want to do is change the page size of your documents without
using the page setup, then open the document and run the following macro:

Sub USLetterPage()
With ActiveDocument.PageSetup
.PageWidth = CentimetersToPoints(21.59)
.PageHeight = CentimetersToPoints(27.94)
End With
End Sub