In a Jam

Default Word is puts page number on wrong side of botttom of page

When I insert page numbers on my documents for bottom Right, Microsoft Word
(office 2000 professional version) is putting them on bottom Left. This just
started to happen over the pasr 6 months. All I've done to the program was
download updates when available from microsoft. I thought word was confused
as to where the right and left were but if I set it to bottom left it puts
them where they belong, on left. How can I get Word to put the page numbers
on the bottom Right, when I tell it to do it on new documents? Has anyone
else had this problem?
Charles Kenyon

This is only one of the many reasons I never use the "Insert Page Number"
menu command. (I've gone so far as to remove the command from my menus.)

Put the page number in manually in the footer. Note that the footer style is
set to have a center tab and a right tab. Assuming the right-tab is where
you want your page number, go into the footer view, tab twice, and insert
the page number from your AutoText menu. Close the header/footer view.

Take a look at http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Number...eNumbering.htm for
more variations.

--

Charles Kenyon