How to do arrays with mail merge.

Old December 31st 09, 06:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ibbm

Default How to do arrays with mail merge.

I have an excel spreadsheet with the list of accounts and the description
types that looks something like this:
Account Type

12345 1A
45678 1B
78912 1A
55679 2
24567 1A

I want to create a table that does a level break on the Type and list all
accounts that have that type like this

Type Accounts
1A 12345, 78912, 24567
1B 45678
2 55679

Is this doable with mail merge?

Thanks in advance for your help
Old December 31st 09, 09:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_]

Hi ibbm,

You can use Word's Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge facility for this (the terminology depends on the Word version). To see how, check
out my Word 97-2007 Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge Tutorial at:
http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/ind...owtopic=731107
or
http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip
Do read the tutorial before trying to use the mailmerge document included with it.

--
Cheers
macropod

Old May 20th 15, 06:53 PM
Jason Smith Jason Smith is offline

Any resources out there to do this without having to code in VB or C#?
Old May 21st 22, 08:44 PM
HarryMaria HarryMaria is offline
Banned

Some photographers are so original site talented and naturally so good. Here in this picture, this photographer tries to show the nature and I think this is the beauty of the photographer. I try to found the fault in this picture but I cannot find any error.
Old June 22nd 22, 08:01 AM
LoganBracewell LoganBracewell is offline
Banned

The importance of the map increase because people feel so relax and comfortable. People like to go far places to use their car and so these types of map help people to locate their place. It is good to hear that you try to update this application.https://www.econotimes.com/Best-Essa...xperts-1623445
Old July 7th 22, 12:58 PM
jamesmurfyiii jamesmurfyiii is offline
Banned

Originally Posted by ibbm View Post
I have an excel spreadsheet with the list of accounts and the description
types that looks something like this:
Account Type

12345 1A
45678 1B
78912 1A
55679 2
24567 1A

I want to create a table that does a level break on the Type and list all
accounts that have that type like this

Type Accounts
1A 12345, 78912, 24567
1B 45678