Default Word Processor

Old April 5th 05, 02:23 AM
Garbo213

Default Default Word Processor

How can I change my default word processor back to Word? For some reason,
when I click on my files saved as Word documents, they open as Works
documents. In order to open a document in Word, I have to either right click
and click on "open with" or open the file after opening Word. It isn't a
major catastrophe, but it's just a little annoying, so any help would be
great.

Thanks!
Old April 5th 05, 02:32 AM
Charles Kenyon

Start Run...
winword.exe /r

Then close Word and try double-clicking on a .doc file to see if it
succeeded.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

Old April 5th 05, 04:41 AM
Garbo213

Thanks for the advice, but I figured out a different way...
1. Right clicked on a file and went to properties
2. "General"
3. Opens with... "Change"
4. "Microsoft Word"
5. Clicked the box, "Always use the selected program to open this kind of
file"

Old April 5th 05, 04:56 AM
Charles Kenyon

Well, that will handle the .doc files, but how about other Word files? What
happens if you double-click on a .dot file?