Prompt for document properties Save opion fails to prompt

Old August 17th 06, 08:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
R.Evans

Default Prompt for document properties Save opion fails to prompt

The "Prompt for document properties" option on the Save Options tab is
enabled. Word does NOT prompt for document properties when file saves are
executed.
--
-R.e.
Old August 17th 06, 09:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You are prompted for document properties only the first time you save a
document, before you have named it. If you use Save As to save under a
different name a document that has already been saved and named, you are not
prompted. Although I find this annoying, I can only imagine that the
decision not to prompt was based on requests from users who save multiple
versions of a file for security purposes and didn't want to be prompted for
each daily update.

Old August 17th 06, 09:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
R.Evans

Thanks for the quick response and info. My apologies...I neglected to
mention no prompts were being received with "Save As" executions.

Weirder thing is...this user just got a new laptop/new OS/new apps/etc. he
had the problem on the previous laptop (and was just living with it). But on
the new computer....same problem. Word seems to simply be ignoring it's own
setting.

Is that option setting closely-aligned with some other preference setting he
may be employing and causing some sort of conflict?

Thnx for any help or ideas you might have.
--
-Ray.e.

Old August 17th 06, 10:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To clarify: he is not being prompted on the initial save, before the file is
named? That is the only time you will get the prompt, when you first click
Save in, say, Document1.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You are prompted for document properties only the first time you save a
document, before you have named it. If you use Save As to save under a
different name a document that has already been saved and named, you are

not
prompted. Although I find this annoying, I can only imagine that the
decision not to prompt was based on requests from users who save

multiple
versions of a file for security purposes and didn't want to be prompted

for
each daily update.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

Old August 17th 06, 10:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
R.Evans

Correct....not for a fresh new document, nor for an older doc that he wants
to rename using FileSave As.

--
-Ray.e.

Old August 18th 06, 12:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
R.Evans

Thanks. I guess I wasn't allowing for things to have changed for that option
over the versions.
--
-R.e.