Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laura Larson Laura  Larson is offline

Default TOC page #'s ...funny behavior when I send via email

Hi,

When I send a document that has TOC w/page #'s that link to the associated
page via email, the page #'s are changed to "1". Can't figure it out... any
help is appreciated.

Thanks...
--
Laura
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?TGF1cmEgIExhcnNvbg==?=,

When I send a document that has TOC w/page #'s that link to the associated
page via email, the page #'s are changed to "1". Can't figure it out...

Are you sending the document as the body of the email message, or as an
attachment? Which version of Word do you have? And the recipient?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vignesh EswaraPrasad Vignesh EswaraPrasad is offline

Hi,

Sorry to hijack this thread, I am also facing the same problem. I am using
Word 2003 SP3.

Word documents are attachments through Outlook, me and the recipient use
same versions of Word and Outlook.

Once a word document is opened as an e-mail attachment, all entries in TOC
say same page number!

--------------
Thanks,
Vignesh

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?TGF1cmEgIExhcnNvbg==?=,

When I send a document that has TOC w/page #'s that link to the associated
page via email, the page #'s are changed to "1". Can't figure it out...

Are you sending the document as the body of the email message, or as an
attachment? Which version of Word do you have? And the recipient?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

This is a side-effect of the Reading Layout view when attachments are opened
directly in Word. To work around it, you can save the document to the hard
disk before opening it, update the TOC manually (using F9), or simply clear
"Allow starting in Reading Layout" on the General tab of Tools | Options.
Note that the option is user-specific, that is, it must be turned off for
each individual user/machine.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Vignesh EswaraPrasad" wrote
in message ...
Hi,

Sorry to hijack this thread, I am also facing the same problem. I am using
Word 2003 SP3.

Word documents are attachments through Outlook, me and the recipient use
same versions of Word and Outlook.

Once a word document is opened as an e-mail attachment, all entries in TOC
say same page number!

--------------
Thanks,
Vignesh

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?TGF1cmEgIExhcnNvbg==?=,

When I send a document that has TOC w/page #'s that link to the
associated
page via email, the page #'s are changed to "1". Can't figure it
out...

Are you sending the document as the body of the email message, or as an
attachment? Which version of Word do you have? And the recipient?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?VmlnbmVzaCBFc3dhcmFQcmFzYWQ=?=,

Sorry to hijack this thread, I am also facing the same problem. I am using
Word 2003 SP3.

Word documents are attachments through Outlook, me and the recipient use
same versions of Word and Outlook.

Once a word document is opened as an e-mail attachment, all entries in TOC
say same page number!

Yes, this is a known result of opening a Word document directly from within
an email in Office 2003. The fields are re-calculating as they normally
would.

If the file is first saved to disk, then opened, the TOC field should update
correctly. Otherwise, Ctrl+A, F9 should do the trick. Or you could include an
AutoOpen macro in the document that would update the field.