Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Gladriella Gladriella is offline

Default removing first character in mergefields

I am trying to do a calculation with merge field data. However, my data is a
formatted number with a $ at the beginning. Changing the original data to a
number only is not an option. I am working with Word 2003.

By reading earlier posts I have figured how to do the actual calc I just
don't know how to get it to ignore the preceding $.

Data: $875.00

Would like to take monthly amount and calc annual amount
{= {MERGEFIELD Rent_Mnth} * 12 \# "$,0.00"}

Cannot calc due to $.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Using a Word data source, with data such as $875.00 and a calculation field
{= {MERGEFIELD Rent_Mnth} * 12 \# "$,0.00"} the calculation is performed OK
here. What is your data source? Did you use Ctrl+F9 to insert the field
delimiters { }?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Data: $875.00

Would like to take monthly amount and calc annual amount
{= {MERGEFIELD Rent_Mnth} * 12 \# "$,0.00"}

Cannot calc due to $.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Gladriella Gladriella is offline

Data Source: Independent database. Also database is running the merge into
saved Word template. database field set to be a number with particular
formatting. Internal calcs in database are based on this field as number.

Yes Ctrl-F9 was used to insert both sets of {}

When said database runs the merge final doc says {=$875.00*12 \# $,0.00"}
Toggled :!Syntax Error, "

Rent_Mnth returns correct value. No calc performed. Also, looks like
merged doc still has fields.

Data: $875.00

MergeFields Jo Davis Mailmerge 1 March 18th 08 06:57 PM
Removing a Character Style Jose Valdes Microsoft Word Help 3 June 21st 07 03:03 PM
Removing chevrons from MergeFields Jako New Users 3 May 26th 06 05:18 AM
MERGEFIELDS Nathan Franklin Mailmerge 9 February 26th 06 11:57 PM
FormattingText, removing characters and keeping character formats.? Stephen Gray Tables 4 August 18th 05 10:29 AM