Meenie50 Meenie50 is offline
Junior Member

Question Trouble with paragraph style, it keeps changing

I am writing a book. The paragraph style is set to a 5 space indent at the beginning of each paragraph and a space between paragraphs of 6.
But as I go back through my manuscript, I see areas where the spacing between paragraphs is doubled.
I've selected sections that are correct, and made that the default paragraph setting and applied it to the whole document, but nothing changes.

I've tried selecting the problem areas and clearing formatting and redoing it, but it stays the way it is!
I'm befuddled. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Trouble with paragraph style, it keeps changing

Have you turned on Show Non-Printing Characters (Ctrl-Shift-8) to make sure you
don't have any empty paragraphs lying around?

You should NOT make your indents by typing five spaces. You should be using the
Indent setting on the Ruler or in the Paragrah Style dialog.