Mike Kingsley

Default How do I divide a sheet of paper into 4 equal quadrants

I want to take a regular sheet of paper, and create 4 quadrants that are
equal in size and can be typed in. The purpose of this is to create a
product insert. So after printing, I can take it to the paper cutter, and
produce 4 equal product inserts.
I know it can be done, because I have seen it done, just don't know how to
do it.

Thanx
Mike Kingsley
Graham Mayor

There are a couple of ways to do this - You could use a table with four
cells, or you could simply print four pages to a sheet - see
http://www.gmayor.com/print_multiple_copies.htm

Mike Kingsley wrote:
I want to take a regular sheet of paper, and create 4 quadrants that
are equal in size and can be typed in. The purpose of this is to
create a product insert. So after printing, I can take it to the
paper cutter, and produce 4 equal product inserts.
I know it can be done, because I have seen it done, just don't know
how to do it.

Thanx
Mike Kingsley

Jay Freedman

Mike Kingsley wrote:
I want to take a regular sheet of paper, and create 4 quadrants that
are equal in size and can be typed in. The purpose of this is to
create a product insert. So after printing, I can take it to the
paper cutter, and produce 4 equal product inserts.
I know it can be done, because I have seen it done, just don't know
how to do it.

Thanx
Mike Kingsley

Hi Mike,

Here are two ways:

- Go to Tools Letters & Mailings Envelopes & Labels, on the Labels tab.
In the Options, select Avery stock 5845. Click the New Document button; this
creates a one-page document containing a full-page 2x2 table. (If you can't
see the cells, click Table Show Gridlines.) Create your insert in the
first cell. Then copy that cell to the clipboard, select the whole table,
and paste to replicate it to all four cells. Alternatively, bookmark the
first cell and insert Ref fields in the other cells that refer to the
bookmark. Print that page in the ordinary way.

- Create the insert on a full-size sheet, using fonts and graphics that are
twice as big as the desired final size. In the Print dialog, choose 4 pages
per sheet at the lower right, and in the Pages box type
1,1,1,1
The page will be scaled to half-size and printed four times on the sheet.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Margaret9121 Margaret9121 is offline
Junior Member

When it comes to upholstery, having a reliable sewing machine is key. The right sewing machine can make the difference between a project that is a success and one that falls short. additional info
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I divide a sheet of paper into 4 equal quadrants

Hi Mike,

Dividing a sheet of paper into 4 equal quadrants is actually quite simple in Microsoft Word. Here are the steps:
  1. Open a new Word document.
  2. Click on the "Layout" tab at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on "Margins" and select "Custom Margins" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  4. In the "Page Setup" window that appears, click on the "Margins" tab.
  5. Under "Multiple pages," select "2 pages per sheet."
  6. Under "Page order," select "Horizontal."
  7. Under "Margins," set all four margins to 0.5 inches.
  8. Click "OK" to close the "Page Setup" window.

Your Word document should now be divided into 4 equal quadrants. You can now type in each quadrant as needed. When you're ready to print, simply print the document as you normally would. Then take the printed sheet to the paper cutter and cut along the horizontal and vertical lines to produce 4 equal product inserts.