Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ruth

Default Word closes down suddenly

Hello!
For a couple of days my office XP has been closing down suddenly while I'm
writing. It also happens when I'm writing an e-mail with Microsoft Outlook as
word is the associated editor. I've already tried to remove the handwriting
recognition as suggested for a similar problem but it hasn't worked. The
program closes randomly and suddenly, you never know when it's going to
happen. Any idea of what's the problem? (BTW I've already run a scan
-resident and online- and the laptop is virus free).

Thanks in advance!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UnV0aA==?=,

For a couple of days my office XP has been closing down suddenly while I'm
writing. It also happens when I'm writing an e-mail with Microsoft Outlook as
word is the associated editor. I've already tried to remove the handwriting
recognition as suggested for a similar problem but it hasn't worked. The
program closes randomly and suddenly, you never know when it's going to
happen. Any idea of what's the problem? (BTW I've already run a scan
-resident and online- and the laptop is virus free).

Always difficult to trouble-shoot something like this if you don't have any
reproducible steps...

I'd probably try renaming the Normal.dot template to NormalOLD.dot and see if
things settle down at all.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 07:26 PM
How can Word display full path of a file in the title bar? SAsif Microsoft Word Help 1 January 26th 06 05:32 PM
Does Word have a QuickCorrect/Quick Word option like WordPerfect? CW New Users 2 December 20th 05 06:54 PM
In Word, how do I surpress headers and footers on page 2 Bill Microsoft Word Help 1 December 15th 05 07:13 PM
How do I create & merge specific data base & master documents? maggiev New Users 2 January 13th 05 12:30 AM