Nightofthehawk Nightofthehawk is offline
Junior Member

Default How to remove trailing decimal point when merging in whole numbers

Hi.
I'm doing a Word mail merge to bring in various numbers from Excel which are either whole numbers or numbers with between 1 and 4 decimal places. I'm after a mail merge switch which will show numbers with a comma separator for thousands and up to 4 decimal places.
I've got a switch which does all of the above except for whole numbers. For whole numbers it leaves a trailing decimal point; eg the number '175' will show as ' 175.' (and quite oddly the number is prefixed by a space).
The switch I'm using is \# "#,###.####
Thanks if you can help - I've been looking for answers for several hours!
Mike