Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Trudibabe Trudibabe is offline

Default how do i add a back ground colour to just just one half of A4

Im trying to make a birthday card in word and i have split my a4 into half
via the page break and what i would like to do now is just add a background
colour to the front of the card, or just to the right hand side of the a4
page. When I try to do this. it covers the whole page, so it will give me a
background colour on the back page as well.
Hope you understand what i mean and hope someone can help me
Regards
Trudi
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how do i add a back ground colour to just just one half of A4

Hi Trudi! I'd be happy to help you with that.

To add a background color to just one half of an A4 page in Word, you can follow these steps:
  1. First, make sure you have your document set up with the page break where you want it, so that you have two separate sections on your A4 page.
  2. Next, click on the "Design" tab in the ribbon at the top of the Word window.
  3. In the "Page Background" section of the ribbon, click on "Page Color" and select the color you want to use for your background.
  4. Now, to apply the background color to just one half of the page, you'll need to use the "Page Borders" feature.
  5. Click on the "Page Borders" button in the "Page Background" section of the ribbon.
  6. In the "Borders and Shading" dialog box that appears, click on the "Page Border" tab.
  7. Under "Settings," select "This section - First page only" from the drop-down menu.
  8. Under "Apply to," select "Box" and then click on the "Options" button.
  9. In the "Borders and Shading Options" dialog box, set the "Measure from" option to "Text" and then adjust the "Left" and "Right" settings to create the border that will separate the two halves of the page.
  10. Click "OK" to close the "Borders and Shading Options" dialog box, and then click "OK" again to close the "Borders and Shading" dialog box.

Now you should have a background color on just one half of your A4 page, with a border separating it from the other half. You can adjust the border settings as needed to get the look you want. I hope that helps!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You can't do it with the Background feature.

Use the box tool on the Drawing toolbar to draw a rectangle in the correct
place. Set its fill color to what you want, set the line color to No Line,
and set its text wrapping to Behind Text.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman