Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Frank Frank is offline

Default Word could not create the work file.

I have a user that is getting the "Word could not create the work file. Check
the temp enviroment variable". I got a link that related to th problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302629

I used the first resolution and started winword.exe with a /a switch and I
didn't get the error. However I cannot find a data subkey in the registry for
Word, which the link says should be removed. I found the Normal.dot file okay
which the link suggested renaming. Does any one know where to find the data
directory for "Office XP Professional with Front Page"?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the registry, look he

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\W ord\Data

(not sure if it's 10 or 10.0)

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Frank" wrote in message
news
I have a user that is getting the "Word could not create the work file.
Check
the temp enviroment variable". I got a link that related to th problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302629

I used the first resolution and started winword.exe with a /a switch and I
didn't get the error. However I cannot find a data subkey in the registry
for
Word, which the link says should be removed. I found the Normal.dot file
okay
which the link suggested renaming. Does any one know where to find the
data
directory for "Office XP Professional with Front Page"?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RRT RRT is offline

This sounds as if it will solve the problem I have on my copy of Word - but
can anyone tell me where to find the registry?

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

In the registry, look he

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\W ord\Data

(not sure if it's 10 or 10.0)

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
"Frank" wrote in message
news
I have a user that is getting the "Word could not create the work file.
Check
the temp enviroment variable". I got a link that related to th problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302629

I used the first resolution and started winword.exe with a /a switch and I
didn't get the error. However I cannot find a data subkey in the registry
for
Word, which the link says should be removed. I found the Normal.dot file
okay
which the link suggested renaming. Does any one know where to find the
data
directory for "Office XP Professional with Front Page"?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

To access the registry - from Windows Start Run - type Regedit and press
enter. The resulting dialog looks a bit like Windows Explorer. You will find
it illustrated at http://www.gmayor.com/my_toolbars_are_missing.htm. Word
2002 is Word 10.0 as originally written by Herb.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

In the registry, look he

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\W ord\Data

(not sure if it's 10 or 10.0)

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com