Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WG, LI WG, LI is offline

Default Can't accept all changes!

When I finish editing a draft of a document, I'll accept all changes before
sending it back to the client. However, I've found that there are always a
small number of changes that don't go away. These are almost always
formatting changes in the document's headers and footers. If I go directly to
the change and select 'Accept Format Change', the change does not go away,
regardless of how many times I do it.

I don't have protection turned on, and I've unchecked 'Make hidden markup
visible...' in the ToolsOptionsSecurity tab.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why this is happening, and if there's a way
around it?

Thanks in advance,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Does the Accept All Changes in Document command work (see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...AcceptReject)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"WG, LI" wrote in message
When I finish editing a draft of a document, I'll accept all changes
before
sending it back to the client. However, I've found that there are always a
small number of changes that don't go away. These are almost always
formatting changes in the document's headers and footers. If I go directly
the change and select 'Accept Format Change', the change does not go away,
regardless of how many times I do it.

I don't have protection turned on, and I've unchecked 'Make hidden markup
visible...' in the ToolsOptionsSecurity tab.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why this is happening, and if there's a way
around it?

Thanks in advance,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WG, LI WG, LI is offline

Stefan:

Sorry, I should have stated that up front. The "Accept all changes in
document" command leaves these few changes behind, in addition to what I
describe when I right-click on each one and select "Accept change".

"WG, LI" wrote in message
When I finish editing a draft of a document, I'll accept all changes
before
sending it back to the client. However, I've found that there are always a
small number of changes that don't go away. These are almost always
formatting changes in the document's headers and footers. If I go directly
the change and select 'Accept Format Change', the change does not go away,
regardless of how many times I do it.

I don't have protection turned on, and I've unchecked 'Make hidden markup
visible...' in the ToolsOptionsSecurity tab.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why this is happening, and if there's a way
around it?

Thanks in advance,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Does it help if you copy the text to another document? See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...s.html#Copying.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"WG, LI" wrote in message
When I finish editing a draft of a document, I'll accept all changes
before
sending it back to the client. However, I've found that there are
always a
small number of changes that don't go away. These are almost always
formatting changes in the document's headers and footers. If I go
directly
the change and select 'Accept Format Change', the change does not go
away,
regardless of how many times I do it.

I don't have protection turned on, and I've unchecked 'Make hidden
markup
visible...' in the ToolsOptionsSecurity tab.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why this is happening, and if there's a
way
around it?

Thanks in advance,

Accept Change: accept all instances of a change and replace JohnHn Microsoft Word Help 0 October 18th 07 10:32 PM
Accept Changes in One Column only Betsy Tables 1 May 30th 07 03:04 PM
accept changes Lyn Microsoft Word Help 2 January 23rd 07 09:06 PM
Cannot Accept Changes hmonton Microsoft Word Help 1 February 1st 06 05:16 PM
Accept changes MJ Microsoft Word Help 1 June 19th 05 01:05 AM