Denny

Default Selecting the encoding that makes your document readable?

When opening a Rich text format document in Word 2003 I get a message / box
pop-up asking how I would like to convert the file.
The text encoding default of Windows works fine.

How do I get the pop-up box from coming up? Can I set the default to windows?
This is an extra step that I do not like.

Herb Tyson [MVP]

You can try Tools - Options - General, and remove the check next to "Confirm
conversion at Open".

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com