Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Kyle Kyle is offline

Default Row Height Adjustment

This may be a simple question, but I have recently switched from Office 2003
to Office 2007 and am having some trouble with tables. I have a simple table
with two columns, and would like to adjust the height of each individual cell
(as opposed to the entire row). This would, of course, cause the cells to be
staggered, not arranged in straight rows.

In Word 2003 I was able to do this by highlighting the desired cell, then
simply dragging the bottom border. If the cell was selected, the drag would
affect only that cell border, not the whole row. When I try this in Word
2007 it continually adjusts the entire row height, maintaining the alignment
of the row.

Hopefully this makes some sense...any advice would be much appreciated!
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I think you must be remembering wrong. This is not possible in Word 2003,
either. You can adjust cell widths in a row individually, and you can
achieve varying cell heights by selectively merging and splitting, but you
can't adust the height of a cell independently from the row.

http://word.mvps.org

"Kyle" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Kyle Kyle is offline

It is possible that I am remembering incorrectly, but I am quite sure I was
able to do this....now I have to find someone who still has 2003 so I can
test this out :P.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I have Word 2003, and I tested it, but you don't have to take my word for
it. g

http://word.mvps.org

"Kyle" wrote in message
It is possible that I am remembering incorrectly, but I am quite sure I
was
able to do this....now I have to find someone who still has 2003 so I can
test this out :P.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Kyle Kyle is offline

I have reinstalled 2003, and you are entirely correct. I must've been
remembering the width adjustment, not the height. That is rather a pain...

Thanks for the answer!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

You can merge two or more cells that are placed below each other. Or you can
split a cell into tow or more rows. Maybe that is what you have done
previously. The Split Cells and Merge Cells commands are normally available
from the pop-up menu that appears when you right-click in a table (two or
more cells must be selected for the Merge Cells command to be available).

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Kyle" wrote:

I have reinstalled 2003, and you are entirely correct. I must've been
remembering the width adjustment, not the height. That is rather a pain...

Thanks for the answer!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

As I mentioned before, and as Lene spells out, you can achieve the desired
effect by creatively merging and splitting cells.

http://word.mvps.org

"Kyle" wrote in message
I have reinstalled 2003, and you are entirely correct. I must've been
remembering the width adjustment, not the height. That is rather a
pain...

Thanks for the answer!

Auto Textline Adjustment Beetle Bailey Page Layout 4 January 25th 09 02:56 PM
Do the size adjustment clara Tables 1 April 18th 07 05:52 PM
screenview adjustment Freddy[_2_] New Users 3 April 15th 07 02:18 AM
Table Sizing/Adjustment CVL Tables 1 May 14th 06 11:16 AM
Automatic table height adjustment when using mail merge Dazza Mailmerge 1 March 6th 05 06:17 PM