#1   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
external usenet poster

Default Indexing names

Is there a way to index names alphabetically in MS word 2011. When I enter a person (first and last name) in the bookmark box, I do so w/o a space between names, e.g., JohnSmith. How do I tell the program that I want it indexed by last name? or is the program smart enough to do so by by the capital letters J and S?
  #2   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
external usenet poster

Default Indexing names

Why wouldn't you enter "Smith, John"?

On Monday, December 26, 2016 at 9:18:19 AM UTC-5, MLD wrote:

Is there a way to index names alphabetically in MS word 2011. When I enter a person (first and last name) in the bookmark box, I do so w/o a space between names, e.g., JohnSmith. How do I tell the program that I want it indexed by last name? or is the program smart enough to do so by by the capital letters J and S?