Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
wish I wuz smart! wish I wuz smart! is offline

Default Word Product Key

I have a copy of Word 2002. The computer it was on died and is long gone. I
want to install it on another machine. I have the CD and the code. What do
I need to do?

Thanks,
Susan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

If it came with the old computer, you can't install it on a new one.

If it didn't, insert the CD and follow the directions.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"wish I wuz smart!" wrote in
message ...
I have a copy of Word 2002. The computer it was on died and is long gone.
want to install it on another machine. I have the CD and the code. What
do
I need to do?

Thanks,
Susan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
wish I wuz smart! wish I wuz smart! is offline

JoAnn,

Thanks for your prompt response. It did come with the old cumpeter. Is
there a way for me to "unregister" this copy and use it on another computer?

Thanks

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

If it came with the old computer, you can't install it on a new one.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

No. When Word (Office, Works, Works Suite, etc) comes with a computer,
you've paid less than full price for it. Because of that, the license is
tied to that one computer. If you want a license that you can transfer from
one computer to another, you must buy a retail version.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"wish I wuz smart!" wrote in
message news

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

If it came with the old computer, you can't install it on a new one.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I know it wasn't the answer you were hoping for. For what it's worth,
Amazon.com has great prices on software.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"wish I wuz smart!" wrote in
message ...
Got it!

Thanks!

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

If it came with the old computer, you can't install it on a new one.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
I know it wasn't the answer you were hoping for. For what it's worth,
Amazon.com has great prices on software.

And www.openoffice.org has even better!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Reitanos Reitanos is offline

Are you a college student?