#1   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
external usenet poster

Default Make Blank Pages Visible

How can I make blank pages visible when using "insert section break even page"? The page count shows 3 pages but only 2 are visible. I know the pages are there because they do print out. I want the blank pages there, but I need to be able to view/edit them.

I want to add a blank page after a section so that each new section starts on a blank page, however, I need to be able to add "This page is intentionally blank" to the blank page. I am working out of Author-it so I can have that program add the breaks and (theoretically) create a style in Word to auto-add the text.

Is there a way to view them in Print Layout?
Thanks.
  #2   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
external usenet poster

Default Make Blank Pages Visible

You can't see them because there's nothing on them. If you put "this page
intentionally left blank" on them, then they're not blank.

The solution is to not use "Section Break Even Page," but to use "Section Break
Next Page," and manually determine at each break whether you need to add a
page break (not a section break) depending on how much text is in the section.

On Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 9:17:56 AM UTC-5, Diag wrote:
How can I make blank pages visible when using "insert section break even page"? The page count shows 3 pages but only 2 are visible. I know the pages are there because they do print out. I want the blank pages there, but I need to be able to view/edit them.

I want to add a blank page after a section so that each new section starts on a blank page, however, I need to be able to add "This page is intentionally blank" to the blank page. I am working out of Author-it so I can have that program add the breaks and (theoretically) create a style in Word to auto-add the text.

Is there a way to view them in Print Layout?
Thanks.