Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pam in Sunland Pam in Sunland is offline

Default cutting text is excrutiatingly slow - why?

When I highlight text in Word 2002 or Excel 2002, and then use CUT or COPY,
the program takes 3 or 4 seconds to get this simple task accomplished.
Meanwhile, I'm looking at the little hourglass on the streen and I can't type
anything.

It was not always this way, but for the last month or two this problem has
affected anything I do in Office. I'm at a loss to recall what might have
happened to trigger it. Clearing the clipboard has no effect. It doesn't
matter how big or small the text is to be cut/copied.

THis is hardly a fatal problem but it's really annoying. Does anyone have
any ideas on how to fix it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Try clearing down your \Local Settings\Temp folder.
If you can't see the folder, in Tools\Folder options on the view tab ensure
the "Show hidden files and folders" in checked.
Hope this helps.
DeanH