Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] ShippeeC@gmail.com is offline

Default No Blue Screen With White Text in Office 2007?

I hear the blue screen/white text option is gone from Office 2007.
They say it's because nobody uses it and it's a by-product of a by-
gone era.

How does Microsoft know how many people use it? Many do not know
about it and if they did, I'm sure a lot more people would use it.

Practically all the attorneys in my firm use the blue screen/white
text. Staring at a bright white screen all day gets old, and once
someone tries the blue screen for a bit, it is relieving. It reduces
eye strain---cool blue with white text isn't as harsh on the eyes as
a glaring white screen with black letters.

The firm will likely not upgrade to Office 2007 because, in addition
to the interface making pretty much no sense, it doesn't have the blue
screen option. Oh well, Microsoft's loss.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Shippee,

The data that Suzanne is referring to is the 'Customer Experience' feedback choices in Word 2003 through the Help menu. Corporations
had the ability, with volume license products, to review, funnel and batch the results somewhat.

The feature you mentioned was a carry over from WordPerfect for DOS v5 compatibility.

The Windows themes and color schemes can be adjusted to use a non-white or offwhite color that affects the document background (we
often do this for folks who get migraines or who are sensitive to the flicker of a screen that many of us aren't even aware of)
along with changing the screen display frequency (Hz) setting of the monitors.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP