diagonal lines in table cells

Old November 18th 08, 05:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ramona

Default diagonal lines in table cells

Is there a way to add diagonal lines in cells in a table? I'm looking to add
a line from the bottom left corner to the top right corner of the cell. My
hand drawn lines from the Drawing tool bar keep moving. Any suggestions?
Old November 18th 08, 05:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

In most recent versions of Word there's a diagonal line option in the Format
| Borders and Shading dialog and on the Tables and Borders toolbar. Note,
however, that's it's just a line; it doesn't split the cell. You have to
fake it with right-aligned and left-aligned text in the two halves.

Old November 18th 08, 06:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ramona

Thank you so much. This is exactly what i was looking for since this will
just be a form to be printed. You are the greatest, Suzanne!!

Old November 18th 08, 10:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I'm glad that works for you. Users are sometimes disappointed that there's
no way to actually split the cell.