Word will not allow me to remove highlight

Old January 6th 06, 05:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word will not allow me to remove highlight

Two of us have passed a document back and forth several times. Each time one
of us makes a change we highlight it. Now, I cannot get the highlighted text
to accept None (no highlight)... Cannot get selected test "un-highlighted"
There is a LOT of text. I hope I do not need to retype this whole thing!!!!

Lisa
Old January 6th 06, 06:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

First, click Ctrl+A to select all your text. Now Format Borders and
Shading, select he Shading tab, click on the dropdown arrow in the Apply to:
box, select Text, now select No fill under fill. See if this clears all the
highlighting.