Diagonal shading in cell

Old December 6th 07, 07:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Melanie

Default Diagonal shading in cell

I'm updating a 2008 calendar we've created in Word 2003 using a table for
each month. I need to show to different color shades on one day. I've found
I can put in a diagonal line, but can I shade it diagonally, also? Please
help!

Old December 7th 07, 07:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH

If you mean you want to have a cell with a pattern of diagonal lines, then
click in the appropriate cell. Mouse Right click, Borders and Shading,
Shading tab, Patterns Style, scroll down the list and ther are some diagonal
shadings.
Hope this helps
DeanH

Old December 7th 07, 07:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH

But as Ms Branhill has mentioned you cannot just shade the half-cell.
Sorry. Maybe a Autoshape strategically placed will work if the document is
to be printed?
DeanH

"melanie" wrote:

I'm updating a 2008 calendar we've created in Word 2003 using a table for
each month. I need to show to different color shades on one day. I've found
I can put in a diagonal line, but can I shade it diagonally, also? Please
help!

drawing diagonal line a table cell JanAdam Microsoft Word Help 4 October 1st 07 11:08 PM
Table cell shading M. Neves Tables 1 August 6th 07 06:40 PM
Partial Cell Shading AK9955 Microsoft Word Help 4 December 18th 06 05:27 PM
How to delete diagonal line in upper left cell? dloseven Tables 1 November 15th 05 12:15 AM
when adding shading to a cell only words are shading 1KathieM Microsoft Word Help 3 October 7th 05 07:56 PM