Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
albert albert is offline

Default external data

Hello!

In Excel you can Get External Data from the web, and update it at will.

Is there any similar operation in Word?

Thanks in advance,
Albert C.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you mean "get the Word equivalent, i.e. general text etc.", using an
INCLUDETEXT field with a document at a URL may work (then you select the
field and update it by pressing F9.

If you mean "insert a database table" you would probably have to use a
DATABASE field and I don't think you will be able to get data "from the
web" unless you have a suitable .udl or .odc file that describes the
data, and that will /probably/ only work in this case with data sources
where you do not have to specify a filename, such as SQL Server or MySQL
data. Nor will you get the automatic periodic refresh that you may be
used to in Excel.

You could of course consider using Excel to access the data, then put a
LINK to the Excel file in your document...

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk