Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeanie Jeanie is offline

Default files from short cut folder to desk top

Please help this grandmother; I removed all file from my desk top and place
them into a short cut folder on the desk top , now I will like to return ALL
to desk top. How do I reverse this? Thank You
Jeanie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Tue, 15 May 2007 18:40:00 -0700, Jeanie
wrote:

Please help this grandmother; I removed all file from my desk top and place
them into a short cut folder on the desk top , now I will like to return ALL
to desk top. How do I reverse this? Thank You
Jeanie

Open the folder. Select all the icons in it (click in the window and
press Ctrl+A; or select the first one and then hold down Shift while
you click the last one). Drag them all from the folder and drop them
on an empty spot on the desktop.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Why do you want to do this? The desktop is a notoriously dangerous place to
store Word documents.

"Jeanie" wrote in message
Please help this grandmother; I removed all file from my desk top and

place
them into a short cut folder on the desk top , now I will like to return

ALL
to desk top. How do I reverse this? Thank You
Jeanie

how do i get internet explorer icon on my desk top Woody Microsoft Word Help 1 November 11th 06 09:46 PM
Short cut folder Miss H New Users 1 August 24th 06 02:30 PM
Folder will not show files, doing a search in folder will find it? SECOOLER Microsoft Word Help 1 December 15th 05 11:42 PM
how many files can be kept in a folder? Kimmie New Users 2 March 23rd 05 04:27 PM
Keep password protected Word files from being read by Google Desk. weteca Microsoft Word Help 0 March 8th 05 02:39 AM