Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mrdossey mrdossey is offline

Default I cant type, modification not allowed cuz selection is locked. hel

I let my friend use my computer...and he doesn't know what he did...but now
every time i try to type something it won't show up. At the bottom tool bar
it says the modification is not allowed because the selection is locked..
can somone help me figure out how to unlock this selection?
i would really appreciate it...i dont like walking to the library to type up
my papers...its super cold! lol...(=
thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Maybe you have a trial version of Office 2003 or 2007, and the trial
period has ended. Or maybe you have not activated your Office software.

What happens if you start Word 2003 and click on Help | Activate
Product, or if you start Word 2007 and click on Office Button | Word
Options | Resources | Activate? If you are already activated, a dialog
box saying so will appear. If you are not activated, the Activation
Wizard will start. If you have an expired trial version, a dialog box
will prompt you to enter a valid product key or convert (purchase a key)
online.