troll_mage

Default mail merging multiple columns with varying number of rows

Sorry this is a bit complicated, hopefully I can explain it clearly

We have a word doc with 11 pages of tables that need to have data mail
merged from an excel file. When its finished it will create 220 pages.

The data in the excel file spans 56 rows and will have about 200 rows when
the necessary data is entered. The data will includes records for individual
20 people and data specific to each.

Some columns don't have data in more than one row per person, but in some
cases the column will have multiple rows of data.

I can use next record to get the next row of data if the column has
multiple rows of data; but how do I get it to return to the main row of
records for that person?

Once all the data is entered for one person how do I get it to go down 10
rows - first column and start pulling data from the next person's records?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

It sounds to me like you should probably be using Access rather than Excel
and Word.

Word does not really have the ability to perform a "multiple items per
condition (=key field)" mailmerge.

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article

How to Work Around Duplicate Names in Mail Merge Data

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP