Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bigairguy1226

Default Page numbering in a document with different page orientation

I have looked through and read the documentation that Microsoft has provided
with Word, and I am still unable to solve my problem. I figure this is
relatively simple to fix, so I'm hoping that someone can help me out.

I have an 18-page document with pages 15 and 16 setup with page orientation
of landscape, the remainder of the document setup as portrait. I have put
section breaks after page 14 to create a new section for pages 15 and 16. I
then inserted another section after page 16 so that the remaining two pages
could have portrait orientation. I am inserting the page numbers at the
bottom of each page; however, when I come to the sections I have created near
the end of the document, the page numbers fail to appear on the landscape
pages, and then start counting over for the last two pages. I have selected
the option for the page numbering to continue from the previous section, but
still to no avail. Any suggestions?

Thank you very much in advance,
Patrick
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

You should have one next-page section break between pages 14 and
15, and one next-page section break between pages 16 and 17. My
guess is that you have two or more section breaks strung together
in one of those places, and you need to delete the extra one(s).
If you are working in Print Layout view, then you can more
easily see the section breaks if you temporarily switch to Normal
view.