Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ginny[_2_] Ginny[_2_] is offline

Default macro to merge to new document doesn't work

I am trying to run a mail merge from Visual Foxpro using Office 2003.
I wrote code years ago to do this using Office 2000 and it has always
worked just fine. I recorded a macro in Word that opens the merge
source document and then 'merges to new document'. I run it using a
'Run' command out of VFP. Now with Office 2003 and now 2007, I need
to update their macro.

I try to 'record the macro' in Word 2003 and it looks like it's
working fine, however when I run it, it does not go to the step that
'merges to new document'. It stops at the mail merge source document
and goes no further.

When I run the macro, it asks me to verify that I want to select the
contents of a certain file. When I say 'Yes', the merge source
document comes up but it doesn't perform the 'merge to new document'.
I can't seem to get that part to happen even though the macro has it
in there. I don't know if it has anything to do with the 'safety'
question about 'are you sure....' or not.

Any ideas?