Bongo

Default Accept change and automatically highlight next change

I am using MS Office Word 2003 (11.6359.6409) SP1 with Windows XP.

In previous versions of Word, the accept/reject change window had options to
accept/reject the current change and automatically highlight the next change
(much as a spell checker automatically highlights the next error).

Is there a way to get that functionality in the current version of Word? The
buttons on the reviewing toolbar seem not to provide for that.

Tx & rgds

Yes, add the ToolsReviewRevisions button to the Reviewing toolbar using
Tools | Customize (All Commands category on the Commands tab). This command
doesn't have an associated icon, so you'll have to settle for text, choose
one of the generic images (right-click on the button and choose Change
Button Image), or design your own (right-click and choose Edit Button
Image).

"Bongo" wrote in message
I am using MS Office Word 2003 (11.6359.6409) SP1 with Windows XP.

In previous versions of Word, the accept/reject change window had options

accept/reject the current change and automatically highlight the next

change
(much as a spell checker automatically highlights the next error).

Is there a way to get that functionality in the current version of Word?

The
buttons on the reviewing toolbar seem not to provide for that.

Tx & rgds

Bongo

Thanks Suzanne, quite useful.

Are there any commands (suitable for direct inclusion on the Revisions
toolbar) equivalent to the Accept / Reject buttons on the "Accept or Reject
Changes" window?

I believe it can be done with a macro that invokes the two commands:

Selection.Range.Revisions.AcceptAll
Selection.NextRevision (True)

but if there's an internal Word command that would of course be more
straightforward.

Tx & rgds

"Bongo" wrote in message
I am using MS Office Word 2003 (11.6359.6409) SP1 with Windows XP.

In previous versions of Word, the accept/reject change window had options

accept/reject the current change and automatically highlight the next

change
(much as a spell checker automatically highlights the next error).

Is there a way to get that functionality in the current version of Word?

The
buttons on the reviewing toolbar seem not to provide for that.

Tx & rgds

Yes, there is such, and I was going on (probably faulty) memory when I
suggested ToolsReviewRevisions (as I thought that's what it did). Perhaps
someone else can give you the correct command, or you can find it by
browsing in Tools | Customize. I rarely use Track Changes and never used it
before Word 2002, so I'm not familiar with the commands.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Yes, add the ToolsReviewRevisions button to the Reviewing toolbar using
Tools | Customize (All Commands category on the Commands tab). This

command
doesn't have an associated icon, so you'll have to settle for text,

choose
one of the generic images (right-click on the button and choose Change
Button Image), or design your own (right-click and choose Edit Button
Image).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Bongo" wrote in message
I am using MS Office Word 2003 (11.6359.6409) SP1 with Windows XP.

In previous versions of Word, the accept/reject change window had

options
accept/reject the current change and automatically highlight the next

change
(much as a spell checker automatically highlights the next error).

Is there a way to get that functionality in the current version of

Word?
The
buttons on the reviewing toolbar seem not to provide for that.

Tx & rgds

Bongo

I tried every function that appeared to be a potential match, but didn't find
anything with the desired behavior.

This raises another question: is there a dictionary of commands anywhere? I
searched in the KB and MSDN as well as plain old online help and found
nothing like that.

"Bongo" wrote in message
I am using MS Office Word 2003 (11.6359.6409) SP1 with Windows XP.

In previous versions of Word, the accept/reject change window had

options
accept/reject the current change and automatically highlight the next
change
(much as a spell checker automatically highlights the next error).

Is there a way to get that functionality in the current version of

Word?
The
buttons on the reviewing toolbar seem not to provide for that.

Tx & rgds

Okay, I've now tried this, and what the ToolsReviewRevisions command gives
you is the old interface wherein you can click Find, and Word will go to the
next change. You can click on Accept or Reject and Word automatically jumps
to the next revision. Is this not what you want to do? There are also Accept
All and Reject All buttons.

In some ways the Reviewing toolbar buttons in Word 2002/2003 are more
versatile because not only can you accept or reject specific changes or All
Changes in Document, but you can select which types of changes you want to
see (including markup by specific reviewers). When you have specific markup
shown, you also get the option to Accept/Reject All Changes Shown.

"Bongo" wrote in message
I am using MS Office Word 2003 (11.6359.6409) SP1 with Windows XP.

In previous versions of Word, the accept/reject change window had

options
accept/reject the current change and automatically highlight the

next
change
(much as a spell checker automatically highlights the next error).

Is there a way to get that functionality in the current version of

Word?
The
buttons on the reviewing toolbar seem not to provide for that.

Tx & rgds

Bongo

Suzanne,

Thanks for following up. The functionality is what I'm looking for, but I
was hoping that there was a command that performed the action by the button
in the old interface, so that you could execute it in a non-modal settling.
As mentioned earlier, I can recreate that functionality in a macro and assign
it to a button.

I agree that in general the tracking and reviewing functions are better now
(especially with respect to comparing documents with tables) -- it just seems
they left that rather useful functionality where it was instead of
integrating it into the new interface.

So, out of curiosity, *is* there a compendium of commands?

Tx & rgds

"Bongo" wrote in message
I am using MS Office Word 2003 (11.6359.6409) SP1 with Windows XP.

In previous versions of Word, the accept/reject change window had
options
accept/reject the current change and automatically highlight the

next
change
(much as a spell checker automatically highlights the next error).

Is there a way to get that functionality in the current version of
Word?
The
buttons on the reviewing toolbar seem not to provide for that.

Tx & rgds

I don't think there is any compendium of commands. Moreover, the specific ?
(What's This?) functionality was removed from most dialogs and the
Description button from Tools | Customize, making it even harder to find out
what specific options and commands do. The general dissatisfaction of Word
users with this situation has been communicated to the Word development and
UA teams, so perhaps we can hope for improvement (or at least some effort to
"put it back the way it was") in future versions.