Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Searching for Answers Searching for Answers is offline

Default Table Captions and the Word "Continued"

I've got a number of document with very large table that span over a single
page.
I would like to be able to have the table caption repeat on each page with
the word "Continued" added to the end.
I'm looking for a smart way of doing this - so as to reduce my work load.

Any suggestions??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The usual way to handle this is to place the caption inside a repeated table
heading, including the word "Continued," and then use a text box (or
graphic) to hide the occurrence on the first page. Note that you mustn't
anchor the text box to the header row; it will then repeat along with the
rest of the contents.

Alternatively, put the table in a separate section that has a "Different
first page"; then place the caption in the first page header, and also in
the main header, where you include the "continued" part. You cannot insert a
caption inside a header, though. Instead, you will have to type it in
manually, or reference a hidden caption number in (say) the first row of the
table.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP