Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Box815 Box815 is offline

Default Column width in tables

How do I make all the columns in my table have the same width?

Thx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TonySper TonySper is offline

From the top menu select:
FORMATCOLUMNS now select how many columns you want, check EQUAL
COLUMN WIDTH. Use CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to move between columns. Once you
did that you can use the mouse to move back and forth between columns.
If you want lines between columns select lines.
TonySper

"Box815" wrote in message
news How do I make all the columns in my table have the same width?

Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Display the Tables and Borders toolbar, and click the Distribute
Columns Evenly button. Or use the same command on the Table AutoFit
menu.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 16:01:01 -0700, Box815
wrote:

How do I make all the columns in my table have the same width?

Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TonySper TonySper is offline

Jay,
I think as you type into each column they will spread as to how much
you type into them. Now you have uneven columns???
TonySper

wrote:

How do I make all the columns in my table have the same width?

Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Click the Distribute Columns Evenly button. Then click the menu item
Table AutoFit Fixed Column Width.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 19:58:47 -0400, "TonySper"
wrote:

Jay,
I think as you type into each column they will spread as to how much
you type into them. Now you have uneven columns???
TonySper

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
.. .
Display the Tables and Borders toolbar, and click the Distribute
Columns Evenly button. Or use the same command on the Table AutoFit
menu.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Select the table, right-click, and choose Equal Column Width.

"Box815" wrote in message
news
How do I make all the columns in my table have the same width?

Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TonySper TonySper is offline

Works great, Thanks.
TonySper

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Select the table, right-click, and choose Equal Column Width.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.