Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Reggie D. Reggie D. is offline

Default Word 2004 MAC to Word 2000 Winows

My remote outsourced secretary is preparing docs in Word2000 and emailing to
me.
I am editing in 20004 MAC and emailing back to her.
She tells me she is not seeing the edited doc. but a 'mix' of both!
As she is 100 miles away I really cannot see what she means.
From this probably incomplete explanation can anyone help. The problem is
really grinding my productivity down as I am a busyself employed lawyer.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

Either Track Changes is enabled in the document so that the user will see
both the original and your edits OR you have the horrendous FastSaves option
enabled (under Tools, Options, Edit tab) which really makes a mess of a
document.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Reggie D." wrote in message
My remote outsourced secretary is preparing docs in Word2000 and emailing
me.
I am editing in 20004 MAC and emailing back to her.
She tells me she is not seeing the edited doc. but a 'mix' of both!
As she is 100 miles away I really cannot see what she means.
From this probably incomplete explanation can anyone help. The problem is
really grinding my productivity down as I am a busyself employed lawyer.

Endnotes for Word 2004 for Mac John C[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 1 August 17th 07 05:35 AM
Word 2004 - Mac 10.3 george Page Layout 2 January 1st 07 04:04 PM
Word for Mac 2004 Chonfi New Users 1 August 8th 06 02:24 AM
How to fix Word 2004 Doc? Ki Solo Microsoft Word Help 1 November 16th 05 08:00 PM
Is Works Suite 2000 is compatible with Word or WordPublisher 2004. Doze00 Microsoft Word Help 2 April 6th 05 06:35 AM